Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Season intentionality...



There are days that feel longer than most – days I just want to crawl into bed for a week and fast-forward into a brighter day. Days where the loneliness almost feels suffocating and I’d give anything to be with my family and/or at least with my man… Some days where the routine doesn’t seem to be moving me closer to the dream but more like a hamster in a cage on a wheel! 


I’m so grateful that even in those dark moments, God is present and He reminds me that seasons and times are appointed by and belong to Him. He’s been challenging me: The season will come and go – what will you have to show for it? 


  • Growth? Investments? Depth? Fruit?
Or will it simply have been a wasted opportunity spent complaining, whining, gossiping or longing for days past? In reminisce that brings no fruit or benefit to the present?


Questions to ask in every season:
·        Where am I? (Describe the season…describe what ‘here’ looks like/is)
·        What can I learn 'here'/in this season?
·        How can my being 'here' impact/prepare me for the next season/future/?


Lord, I forget easily but I thank You for reminding me of Your presence and intentionality in bringing about the different seasons of life. Remind me that “the total of what I see is not the scope of all You are doing” (Louie Giglio) and what you expect of me is to be thankful at all times (1 Thessalonians 5:18) even in seasons I don’t understand or enjoy and that there is purpose to this season (Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28). Open my eyes to the opportunities, to the work and lessons you have for me here. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment