Friday, July 19, 2013

Singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs..



I love old church hymns! They have such rich words based on the truth of the gospel. Because of this, they remain relevant over time and are such a rich avenue to encourage one’s self and others as we ponder God’s goodness toward us and remind ourselves of God’s promises toward us.

That said, I’ll be sharing some of my favourite hymns here with a brief exhortation before or after each and I trust as you read through them your heart (and mouths) will be stirred up to belt them out with me and be drawn (even) closer in fellowship with God. J J



“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.” - Colossians 3:16.


No comments:

Post a Comment