Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Alternate Realities

They frustrate me at every turn. When I appear to have been released/relieved on one end, they seek other ways to frustrate me. In the natural - from what is seen by the physical eye - they have all the power and I have none. They call all the shots, they hold my life, my future is in their filthy hands. The grip gets tighter.
They taunt me - playing mind games as if I were a child. I. am not. a child. I am an intellectual - well somewhat. But the games they're playing are a sick mix of patronizing & condescending, their sole purpose to kill my spirit, to kill the fight in me. They're determined to let me know I am small and they are big. I am weak and they are strong. I am because they let me be.
Lies they tell.


Despite the miserable start to this story, this tale, it is in fact a happy one. For you see there is a superior reality. One in which the spiritual trumps the natural order every.single.time.

For I have a Redeemer, a Rescuer. The Holy One is His Name. He sits exalted, high above all authority in heaven and here on earth. Get that? He is bigger, greater and more powerful than the physical bullies. And...and...and... He's my Dad! My Father is the Great I am Who has promised to take vengeance on my behalf, to supply me with strength, grace and power when I am pitted as the powerless. The battle's not over yet but I know the outcome already. Hidden in Christ, my victory, triumph and conquering is sure.

I will stay suited up.
I will stay hidden in Christ.
I will emerge victorious &
 GOD WILL BE PRAISED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment