Thursday, March 23, 2017

My heart

💓I have but one heart - not two, or four, just one. How interesting that God would only give us one center of affection or devotion and then want it all?

💝You had it all - my focus, my love and my devotion.
You had it all - you won me over with your salvation.

Now you have all most of it because I CHOSE to give some of it away by fixing my eyes on every passing thing and every passing one. 
I'm trading You, the Eternal, for the temporary.

💔You have SOME of my heart. 
I know because I barely spend time with You anymore. 
My focus is life, living and being seen living. 
How ironic that I'd pursue those things apart from You, the Author of life and Jesus, Life Himself? 


So back to the altar I come, on my knees with my heart in my hands - and I offer it to you again:
"Take my life (heart) and let it be holy consecrated Lord to Thee."

1 comment:

  1. Powerful devotion. Written letter to our maker, straight from the heart. More Grace. This could be one of the psalms. It was worth reading it

    ReplyDelete